Wednesday, February 8, 2012

FREE Kindle Book: Yellow Crocus

I purchased this book a couple of days ago; free, for my Kindle (thanks Pixel of Ink!).  The title of the book intrigued me, as well as the description of the book.  I normally tend to read books about black people, so of course, I was going to investigate further.

The author of this book is non-black.  Based on her last name, she may be of Jewish descent.  Eh, so the leriness factor rose.  I immediately began thinking of "The Help".  Now, I rather enjoyed "The Help".   But it seems that many books that I'm coming across lately have been on "The Help" tip.  "Yellow Crocus" is similar except is from the view of a "wet nurse".  Honestly, this was more interesting to me than domestic work.  The author was so descriptive in describing a breastfeeding scene that it made the reader (me) connect more to the protaganist in the book.

Take a readsy...enjoy!

No comments: